Do you want to collaborate, create and support trauma informed practices for the Keyham community?
We are looking to create a new network of practitioners featuring those already at the heart of the support in the area, and those who wish to join them, to help the recovery of Keyham, Ford and the surrounding areas.
The focus will be on trauma awareness and working together with participants invited to attend two free day sessions prior to regular 90-minute workshops taking place once a month.
Trauma Informed Practice Full Day
Friday, 25 March (9.30am-4.30pm) at Wolseley Trust Community Building
Participants will explore:
- Definitions and prevalence of trauma
- What a trauma informed approach is
- The signs and effects of trauma in individuals, families and communities. This includes the workforce within organisations that deliver services
- How we respond in a trauma informed way
- The importance of language in ensuring we are shame sensitive
- How to reduce trauma-related distress and resist re-traumatisation within our own practice and procedures
- How to promote resilience and recovery – not just in the people we seek to support but within ourselves and our colleagues.
Creative Community Collaboration Full Day
Monday, 4 April (10am-4pm) at Keyham Green Places, 163 Renown Street
Participants will explore and engage with:
- Relaxed opportunities to try simple creative activities that can be used with community members
- Identifying the benefits of working creatively with people
- Thinking about and exploring how to use simple creative practices in the community
- Learning about and understanding other people’s work in the area
- Seeing if there are shared values, ideas, goals and ways of working in Keyham
- Thinking about ways of working together in the future.
90-minute workshops, day and times to be decided together
- Continuing to develop our local network for those working in the Keyham and Ford area
- For us to share and reflect on practice and learning from the two days’ training
- To support each other and learn together
- To embed trauma informed practices for the Keyham community.
To book or for further queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme of events is organised by The Plymouth Trauma Informed Network, The Tree Project CIC and Plymouth Together. It is made possible by funding from A Safer Keyham grant.
Keyham TI Courses e-flyer