WHERE CAN I GO FIRST?
Victim Support is an independent charity that provides specialist practical help and emotional support to victims of all crime and major incidents across England and Wales. Anyone seeking help can contact the free 24/7 Supportline number on 0808 1689 111. A range of tools to help people to cope and move forwards after crime can be found at My Support Space. There is also a live webchat on their website, for those who do not want to talk on the phone.
I’M NOT SURE WHAT SUPPORT I NEED BUT I NEED SOME GENERAL ADVICE
WHERE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD CAN I GO TO TALK TO SOMEONE?
The Community Hub is currently based at Keyham Green Places, 163 Renown Street. Open weekdays 11-4pm.
You are also very welcome at:
- Jan Cutting Wellbeing Hub: Scott Business Park, Beacon Park Road, Plymouth PL2 2PQ – Call Nicki on 01752 203670. The hub is run by the Wolseley Trust and you can see a video about it here
- Wolseley Community Office: Unit 3 Wolseley Trust Business Park, Wolseley Close, Plymouth PL2 3BY – 01752 607449. The Wolseley Trust also features a range of other wellbeing services. Click here to find out more
- Keyham Green Places: 163 Renown Street, Keyham, Plymouth, PL2 2DT – 01752 569340 (also access to the Food Bank), Mondays and Thursdays 9am-2pm, but phone or see if the gate is open during other times.
I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE LOCAL ABOUT MY MENTAL HEALTH
- Livewell Southwest: Mental health support for adults and children: 0800 923 9323
- Livewell Southwest Plymouth Options: Support for people struggling with low level anxiety or depression. Available to those 16+, registered with a Plymouth GP. Call 01752 435419
- The Samaritans: 116123 free from any phone, or 0330 094 5717 (local call charges apply)
- Giveusashout.org: TEXT FREE- ‘SHOUT’ TO 85258 This is a, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.
- Andys Man Club Plymouth – Men’s mental health support group.
- Trauma Response Network – Charity offering free online therapy for victims of mass trauma. The charity will prioritise Plymouth referrals and will respond to referrals within a week (normally three weeks). People can self-refer via the website.
- Emotional Logic Centre – Charity helping people deal with their emotions and teaching how to harness sometimes unpleasant emotions into an action plan for positive change. 01752 892 455.
CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SUPPORT FROM ADULT SOCIAL CARE?
Plymouth City Council: 01752 668000 option 0 for a dedicated response.
CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOUSING?
Plymouth Community Homes – 0800 230 6500 or email:
email@example.com Alternatively go to their Facebook account.
WHAT GROUPS AND SUPPORT ARE AVAILABLE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD?
WHERE CAN I SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED OR MY FEAR OF CRIME?