WHERE CAN I GO FIRST?
Victim Support is an independent charity that provides specialist practical help and emotional support to victims of all crime and major incidents across England and Wales. Their local team can offer support to anyone over 18 years of age and you can call them on 0300 303 0554 between 9pm and 6pm weekdays. Anyone affected by crime can call Victim Support’s free 24/7 support line number anytime on 0808 1689 111.
I’M NOT SURE WHAT SUPPORT I NEED BUT I NEED SOME GENERAL ADVICE
WHERE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD CAN I GO TO TALK TO SOMEONE?
- Wolseley Community Office: Unit 3 Wolseley Trust Business Park, Wolseley Close, Plymouth PL2 3BY – 01752 607449. The Wolseley Trust has a Keyham Counselling Service for anyone affected by what happened on 12 August, 2021. To self-refer you can call 01752 203 673 or email: email@example.com. The trust also features a range of other wellbeing services. Click here to find out more
- Keyham Green Places: 163 Renown Street, Keyham, Plymouth, PL2 2DT – 01752 569340 (also access to the Food Bank), Mondays and Thursdays 9am-2pm, but phone or see if the gate is open during other times. To find out more call 01752 922 013, email firstname.lastname@example.org or just drop in
- Jan Cutting Wellbeing Hub: Scott Business Park, Beacon Park Road, Plymouth PL2 2PQ – Call Nicki on 01752 203670. The hub is run by the Wolseley Trust and you can see a video about it here
I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE LOCAL ABOUT MY MENTAL HEALTH
- Livewell Southwest: Mental health support for adults and children: 0800 923 9323
- Livewell Southwest Plymouth Options: Support for people struggling with low level anxiety or depression. Available to those 16+, registered with a Plymouth GP. Call 01752 435419
- The Samaritans: 116123 free from any phone, or 0330 094 5717 (local call charges apply)
- Rehab 4 Addiction Offering guidance and support for people experiencing problems with substance abuse and co-occuring mental health problems in Plymouth. Call 0800 140 4690.
- Giveusashout.org: TEXT FREE- ‘SHOUT’ TO 85258 This is a, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.
- Andys Man Club Plymouth – Men’s mental health support group.
- Trauma Response Network – Charity offering free online therapy for victims of mass trauma. The charity will prioritise Plymouth referrals and will respond to referrals within a week (normally three weeks). People can self-refer via the website.
- Emotional Logic Centre – Charity helping people deal with their emotions and teaching how to harness sometimes unpleasant emotions into an action plan for positive change. 01752 892 455.
CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SUPPORT FROM ADULT SOCIAL CARE?
Plymouth City Council: 01752 668000.
CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOUSING?
Plymouth Community Homes – 0800 230 6500 or email:
email@example.com Alternatively go to their Facebook account.
WHAT GROUPS AND SUPPORT ARE AVAILABLE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD?
WHERE CAN I SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED OR MY FEAR OF CRIME?